Emporia Area Local Food Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healthy Community Workshop - representation needed!

Go down

Healthy Community Workshop - representation needed! Empty Healthy Community Workshop - representation needed!

Post  rachael Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:51 am

Hi all,

Please see below for information on this Saturday's Healthy Community Workshop. I will unfortunately not be able to attend as planned, but if we could have a member of the EALFN there to represent our group, that would be wonderful. The purpose of this workshop is to collaborate with other local groups, see what everyone is working to accomplish, and collaborate if possible. If any of you are interested in officially representing EALFN, please let me know and I will contact the organizer. Or feel free to contact her yourself: Ellen Hansen, 341-5462. Thank you!

Rachael
---
Healthy Community Workshop
with Kansas Secretary of Health & Environment, Mr. Rod Bremby

April 4, 2009 at the Granada Theatre
Saturday, 10am to 2pm. Lunch provided.

Join with knowledgeable folks & community activists to plan for a healthy future in Emporia. Share your knowledge & learn about others with the same interests working toward a healthy community.

Sec. Bremby will discuss the state of health & the environment in Emporia & in Kansas. He will then answer questions from participants. Major topics include: health insurance, health care, environmental issues, local food production,and community diversity.

Facilitators include Bill Hanlon, Rachael LeClear, Jim & Cathy Hoy, Dan Markowitz, Tom Conley & others. This event is FREE & open to the public. Please call 341-5462 to register for lunch. Don't miss out on this great opportunity!

rachael

Back to top Go down