Emporia Area Local Food Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Garden Hoes Are Made In Kansas!

Go down

Best Garden Hoes Are Made In Kansas! Empty Best Garden Hoes Are Made In Kansas!

Post  Shep Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:27 pm

I have a "Rogue" garden hoe, the best hoe I've ever used, bar none. It is made by a family farmer right here in Kansas, and the hoes are selling like hotcakes at vegetable growers conventions and garden centers. Made from agricultural disc blades, these tools are incredibly strong and super sharp. He sells thousands of hoes of different models across the U.S. and is fast becoming well-known for listening and responding to his customers' feedback to create various models. For a price, I'd even let you touch mine! Here's the link: http://prohoe.com/

And here's a short story. I bought a Rogue hoe as a gift for a friend who runs a CSA farm in southeastern Kansas. His grandmother saw the hoe, picked it up, and he hasn't gotten hold of it since. Grandma brought out her favorite hoe to show me that she was still using. About worn down to a nubbin, but still sharper and better made than standard hardware variety hoes. It was a hand forged affair made by a blacksmith. Mind you, she's in her eighties and the hoe she showed me was her grandfather's hoe. The Rogue hoe is almost a spitting image of that old hoe.

My recommendation is buy a Rogue hoe. It will last your lifetime, then you can pass it on to your grandkids. But don't cut your leg off with it, 'cause it's sharp!

Remember, gardeners have a long row to hoe!

Shep

Back to top Go down